Outsource Solutions (NI) Limited are an award-winning IT Managed Services Business with exciting growth plans and a requirement for an experienced Support Team Lead to join the team
Successful candidates for all engineer roles will not only evidence their technical experience & competencies but also show their professional, and dynamic “can do” attitude and positive approach with both colleagues and customers. Outsource Engineers thrive on supporting customers, resolving problems and delivering the right solutions in a timely manner. We are looking for colleagues who want to work in a genuinely positive and collaborative environment, where attitude, teamworking skills and professionalism are considered as critical as strong technical abilities.
The team lead will be responsible for the day to day provision of managed support services to the specific customers assigned to their support cell. The lead will be responsible for all support requests presented to their team and the timely resolution of each request. They will mentor to their team members whilst providing 3rd level support on their assigned tickets. The team lead will be responsible for attaining the required performance standards for their team in line with company service level agreements.
Reports To: Operational Director
Help Desk and Client Support
- Provide 3rd Line support to all clients.
- Diagnose and fix software, hardware and user queries and problems
- Retrieve tickets from the support queues on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- Regular review of your teams allocated tickets to ensure completion within the set time scale.
- Provide regular feedback to the Operations Director on ticket progress and escalation as required.
- Review your assigned tickets on a daily / weekly basis and organise an effective work programme.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships with client, ensuring regular and appropriate contact in relation to their support and ticket progress.
- Provide client guidance and training by phone, email or in person as required.
- Ongoing completion of activity and correspondence on company systems to ensure client tickets and information is kept up to date.
- Manage a portfolio of clients in relation to ongoing services as per their client contract including: software upgrades, virus protection, backup services.
- Carry out site health checks and pre-emptive services on your designated clients.
- Ensure appropriate items are ordered / in stock to enable installation of appropriate client hardware /software.
- Install hardware and software for clients and projects as required both remotely and onsite.
- Attend client sites to install / repair hardware and software as per client requirements.
- Ensure appropriate paper work and hours are signed for / recorded.
Product and system knowledge
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Company systems and standard responses.
- Carryout site audits, produce appropriate network documentation and provide Visio diagrams.
- Develop high level skills in software installations
- Develop effective communications skills with clients / colleagues in explaining technical matters with nontechnical people.
- Ensure ongoing training and familiarisation of key products
- Contribute 3rd Line expertise to sales, other support cells and project team.
- Ensure individual daily hours are accurately recorded and coded on a daily basis.
- Maximise billable hours for the Company by using your time efficiently and correctly coding work done and timely close-off of tickets for invoicing.
- Develop effective relationships with clients to encourage additional support and contract renewals.
- Identify and communicate actions or ideas that would improve the delivery of support or services at Outsource Solutions.
- Assist the sales team with technical recommendations as required
- Assist other staff and Directors with ad hoc duties / projects as required.
- Any other duties as deemed by the Technical Manager to be within the scope of your skills.
- Attend in house and external courses, including correspondence courses to develop your skills and product knowledge throughout your career with Outsource Solutions.
Additional Tasks for 3rd Line Engineer
- Manage and provide solutions to more complex IT issues and client tickets.
- Provide training and mentoring to 1st and 2nd Line Support Engineers.
- 3+ years’ experience in break fix / managed services
- environment addressing technical issues at 3rd line level
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Physical and VirtualisedNetworks
- Experienced in L2 & L3 switching
- Attained current and relevant MCP qualifications
- Excellent communication / customer service skill
- Team lead experience