SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced technical SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER, who is keen to progress their career with a successful, ambitious and growth orientated Managed Services & Security Provider.
Candidates will have responsibility for analysis, design, and the deployment of future proof solutions in addition to BAU troubleshooting and resolution responsibilities. They should have strong technical and communication skills with a daily requirement to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders and deliver to the high standards expected.
- Strong Experience in Networking & configuration of Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Storage and Wi-Fi.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering projects in accordance with industry best practices.
- Proven experience in a multiple technologies and vendor platforms including but not limited to Microsoft, VMware, Dell, Fortigate, Veeam.
- Experience of installing and supporting wide-area networking equipment or other communications equipment.
- Experience with clustered virtualisation solutions.
- Experience in managing Active Directory domains across multiple sites.
- Experience in 365 deployments.
- Comfortable racking and stacking all elements of a server rack.
- Troubleshooting issues and escalating within the team when applicable
- Experience – a wide range of project implementation experience
- Networking – L2 & L3 switching & routing (we typically work with higher end Dell kit) firewall’s and corporate WiFi (VLANs, VPN, SSLs, Security Suites.
- All elements of Racking, Stacking & Cabling.
- Server Environments – P & V – HyperV / VMware, Azure Platforms, Clustered virtual solutions (Nodes, Storage, Services & Applications, Network)
- Backups & Storage (DR & BC) SAN / NAS / FC / iSCSI / SAS and comfortable defining RPO, RTO and retention tables (we typically use Veeam)
- MSP Background.
- Certifications with any of our partners including Microsoft, DELL, Fortinet, Cisco, VMware,Veeam.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Managing a Client Engagement.
- Planning & Scheduling.
- Project Management.
- Reporting & Communication.
- Time Capture & Management.
- Ability to Identify and Anticipate needs.
Skills and attributes required:
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and desire to ‘make life better’
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant technical experience and appropriate certifications/qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Confident and works well under pressure
- Motivated, ambitious and passion for IT
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to develop their career, apply today, in STRICT CONFIDENCE, by uploading your CV below.